THE GREAT BIG TOYS“R”US BOOK – FILLED WITH MORE THAN $8,000 IN SAVINGS ON THE SEASON’S HOTTEST PLAYTHINGS – ARRIVES IN HOMES AND STORES NATIONWIDE THIS WEEKEND
Much Anticipated and Authoritative Book on the Season’s Most Coveted Toys Showcases Company’s Competitive Strength in Offering the Broadest Selection of Branded Playthings, Along with Hundreds of Items that Can’t be Found Anywhere Else; Toys“R”Us® Makes Saving Even Easier for Budget-Conscious Shoppers with Special Offerings, Such as Free Layaway, Price Match Guarantee and Buy Online, Pick Up In Store
WAYNE, NJ – (October 25, 2012) –Toys“R”Us® today announced the launch of The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book, the authoritative resource for holiday shoppers on the hunt for fantastic deals and a source of inspiration for little ones as they anxiously begin compiling their Christmas lists. Set to arrive in homes and newspapers across the country this weekend, the trusted guide features 80 pages packed with deals on the broadest assortment of toys from major brands such as Fisher-Price®, Hasbro®, LEGO® and Mattel®, including hundreds of playthings that can’t be found anywhere else. Parents and gift-givers will be thrilled to find over $8,000 in savings – more than ever before – on everything from dolls, board games and construction sets, to toys sure to excite a tech-savvy generation of kids, plus dozens of gifts with purchase, in Toys“R”Us stores nationwide beginning Sunday, October 28 through Wednesday, November 21.
To help make browsing The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book even easier for on-the-go shoppers, the company has created a dedicated landing page, Toysrus.com/HolidayBook, to serve as THE online destination for super savings. Gift-givers can “thumb” through a digital, “flippable” version of the book and shop featured categories and brands to easily find the toys and offers. Additionally, beginning today, fans of the company’s official Facebook fan page at Facebook.com/Toysrus can enjoy an exclusive sneak preview of all 80 pages.
“Huddling together to read through The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book has long served as one of the season’s favorite holiday traditions for kids and families. Each year, little ones eagerly await the arrival of this beloved book, filled with excitement over the prospect of circling the toys they truly hope to unwrap this December,” said Peter Reiner, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Toys“R”Us, U.S. “Parents are just as eager to receive The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book and have come to rely on it for gift-giving advice, as well as for some of the best deals on hot and classic toys each holiday season.”
Hot Toys for Kids and Savings for Savvy Shoppers
Toys“R”Us is building on its unique value proposition to provide affordable fun to families by offering gift-givers countless opportunities to save big on the hottest toys of the year. With the launch of The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book, this long-trusted resource showcases nearly 1,100 playthings, including countless toys that can’t be found anywhere else. Whether tiny tots and tweens are searching for classic playtime favorites like Bounce Bounce Tigger, LEGO® Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle and Gelarti™, or tech-tastic gifts like tabeo™ and Wii U, The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book has it all, at prices parents will appreciate. Highlights of the deals valid from Sunday, October 28 through Wednesday, November 21, while supplies last, include:
- FREE $10 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with purchase of ANY tablet priced $199.99 or less* **
- FREE $10 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Winx Club® purchase totaling $40 or more* **
- FREE Radio-Controlled Wilson with ANY Chuggington™ purchase totaling $75 or more – $32.99 value*
- FREE Imaginarium 75-Piece Block Set with ANY Imaginarium purchase totaling $75 or more – $16.99 value*
- FREE Cosmetic Collection Pack with ANY Lalaloopsy™ purchase totaling $50 or more – $19.99 value*
- FREE Exclusive The Avengers™ Collector Figure with ANY The Avengers action figure, play set or role play purchase totaling $35 or more – $16.99 value*
- BUY ONE, GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Monster High®, Hello Kitty®, Barbie™ and Lalaloopsy crafts***
- 25% OFF ALL Angry Birds™ board games and puzzles
- 25% OFF ALL LeapFrog® Explorer games
- 25% OFF ALL Novi Stars™
- SAVE $40 on ALL Thomas Wooden Railway sets priced $139.99 or more
- SAVE $30 on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Secret Sewer Lair Playset – Was $129.99; Now $99.99
- SAVE $20 on Playskool Rocktivity Sit, Crawl ‘n Stand Band™ – Was $89.99; Now $69.99
Special Service Offerings Help Stretch Holiday Budgets
To help parents and gift-givers ensure they can get everything on their little one’s wish list – hassle-free and at great prices – all season long, Toys“R”Us is providing budget-conscious shoppers with special services to help them save, definitively answering the question, “Why Shop Anywhere Else for Toys? Why?” These programs include:
- Free Layaway: This year, Toys“R”Us introduced free layaway, waiving the upfront service fee for all layaway orders created in its stores now through December 16. Offering a free, no minimum purchase layaway program early in the season allows customers to take full advantage of the flexible payment terms provided by layaway. Certain restrictions apply. Please see Toysrus.com/Layaway for full program details.
- Price Match Guarantee: With Price Match Guarantee, now through Christmas Eve, the company will match competitors’ in-store pricing on identical items, any time a customer presents a local competitors’ current, valid print advertisement showing the item available for less. In addition, if a customer finds an item sold in Toys“R”Us or Babies“R”Us stores available for less on Toysrus.com or Babiesrus.com, the company will match the online price****.
- Buy Online, Pick Up In Store: The company’s popular “Buy Online, Pick Up In Store” service offers customers the ability to browse and shop from the comfort of their own homes, while giving them the flexibility to pick up their purchases conveniently at a nearby “R”Us store. Appealing to customers who want to avoid shipping costs or for last-minute purchases, “Buy Online, Pick Up In Store” guarantees in-store access within three hours of ordering.
- Toys“R”Us Wish List™: Parents can share their child’s most desired presents with family and friends by using the Toys“R”Us Wish List in-store or online. Together, parents and kids can use the service to create a tailored list of toys based not only on what the child wants, but on their age, interests and abilities. All Toys“R”Us stores nationwide now feature a dedicated Wish List self-service kiosk, allowing gift-givers to print out a Wish List quickly with the click of a button. Wish Lists can also be created, updated and maintained online at Toysrus.com/WishList.
About Toys“R”Us, Inc.
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. Merchandise is sold in 873 Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, and in more than 635 international stores and over 145 licensed stores in 35 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys in the brand’s flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com and FAO.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys“R”Us, Inc. employs approximately 70,000 associates annually worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need. Additional information about Toys“R”Us, Inc. can be found on Toysrusinc.com. Follow Toys“R”Us, Babies“R”Us and FAO Schwarz on Facebook at Facebook.com/Toysrus, Facebook.com/Babiesrus and Facebook.com/FAO and on Twitter at Twitter.com/Toysrus and Twitter.com/Babiesrus.
*Quantities limited; no rain check or substitutions.
**Offer available in-store only.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased.
****Except where stated that the item is an “Online Only Price.”
# # #